Thursday, September 6, 2007

- ASSUMPTION: The practice will teach

...

  • A left brain student who had had a health problem asks “How could I know?”

S1: Why are you crying?

S2: My grades are so low…I didn’t know. I thought I was doing ok. See? I did all this homework and she didn’t give any of it back till today. I thought I was doing great!

S1: It's been three months and you only realize your homework was so bad now?

S2: See…it is all bad. I'm trying so hard. I'm trying so hard. Everybody saw how hard I'm trying since I came back to study…even when I have to go back to hospital I am keeping on time. Why didn’t she tell me? How could I know?


  • Student as a product to be inspected at the end of the process

Student 1: The teacher rarely came to classroom, another one took her place. She asked us to fill a book. Neither one corrected our work, except once when the teacher sat with of us for 10 minutes…I asked for more corrections, I explain I wanted help with grammar. She said “don’t worry”. I can't believe she gave me 61! I have 85 to 100 in other courses

Student 2: The teacher opens the door, it is up to the student to learn, remember? She gave you the book, you were supposed to complete it all.

Student 1: I completed it.

No comments: