Wednesday, September 5, 2007

- METHOD: Report card, a portrait?

S1: During the grade 12 English course, the teacher never gave us feedback … she didn’t come to class, she just sent a gym teacher (as substitute)
S2: These teachers are good…they grade easily. They don't not give us any trouble.
S1: She said so but my grade was 61!
S2: You passed. Why are you complaining?
S1: My grades are 85 and up in other courses! I could not contest it because they didn't give my book back. I wanted contest it but they lost my book (the one which was graded)...Another classmate I met in the mall was disappointed too!
S2: You are such a big baby. Did you notice our report card? They (teachers) always grade us on teamwork, even when there is no group activity in the course. Big deal, I just want to pass...go with the flow...They want me to be quiet, I open my book. They want me to participate, I tell them a joke. I act, they love me, next year I'll be gone.
S1: Yeah...and the teacher told me another teacher who I've never seen graded us. How could he grade us?


TO RETURN to Introduction
to the Main Page
Dialogues&Stories (Life, School, Classroom)

No comments: